Profile: Senior Consultant
- Over 35 years of experience in business related to space, including marketing, the development of satellite and ground systems, and on-orbit operation; career spanning 27 years at TOSHIBA and nine years at NEC
- Extensive global experience by working overseas in the fields of: satellite subsystems development, the marketing of satellite equipment & systems, project management for overseas programs, and coordination regarding international frequencies
2019–present: Senior consultant at Satellite Business Network
- Provides technical consulting and support services for the space industry, including market surveys
- In addition to the above, experience in serving as a senior consultant at the EuroConsult Japan office
2015–2018: Axis Corp.
Supported NEC Corp. in the development of overseas business for small satellites
2009–2015: Project director and executive expert at NEC Corp.
Development of overseas business relevant to small satellites
2006–2009: Project manager at NEC TOSHIBA Space Systems Corp.
Project management of commercial, solar array panel programs
2003–2005: Acting general manager at NEC TOSHIBA Space Systems Corp.
2001–2003: Marketing director at NEC TOSHIBA Space Systems Corp.
Management of overseas business for satellite equipment
1999–2001: Director at TOSHIBA Corp.
Management of the Space Systems Department, Ground Systems Department, and Satellite Equipment Department
1997–1999: Engineering manager, group manager at TOSHIBA Corp.
Project management alongside the operation and maintenance team
1979–1997: Project engineer at TOSHIBA Corp.
- Broadcasting Satellite-2 (development of transponders, launch site operations, on-orbit operations)
- Designed the ADEOS (Advanced Earth Observing Satellite) communication system
- Overall communication subsystem testing for the ETS-VI (Engineering Test Satellite VI)
- Developed the COMETS (Communications and Broadcasting Engineering Test Satellite) broadcasting subsystem
- Frequency coordination for MTSAT (Multi-functional Transport Satellite)
2015–2016: General manager at SSPI Japan
2014: Member of the UNIDROIT Review Committee
2011–2012: Member of the Legal Research Group for space objects registration and damage claims
2006–2008: Member of the editorial board at Space Japan Review
2006: Member of the program committee at the ICSSC (International Communications Satellite Systems Conference)
2005–2006: General manager at SSPI Japan
Tsuyoshi Oishi M.Sc.
Faculty of Engineering (Electrical & Computer Engineering), University of California at Santa Barbara, U.S.
Faculty of Engineering (Electrical Engineering), Tohoku University, Japan